Constructor: Joel Fagliano
Relative Difficulty: Medium
Word of the Day: HOOCH
Slang for moonshine or bootleg alcohol, popular term during prohibition era; slang term for marijuana that is rarely used nowadays, popular during late 60's and early 70's.
That mob boss got arrested for running hooch.
Let's roll up some hooch before this concert!
by m1ndj0b March 09, 2003 (Urban Dictionary)
This puzzle didn't make me want to put snakes in my underpants as a diversion, so it's a step up from the last few days. What a delight! Anyway, now I just need to figure out what to do with all these snakes.
- MAYOR [8A: Bill de Blasio, for one] — Would've personally preferred "McCheese, for one", but that's just me.
- TONYA [3D: Notorious skater Harding] — Hmm. "Notorious skater McCheese"???
- SCION [4D: Descendant] — I always get SCION confused with Cylon. This is probably the most interesting thing about the word SCION.
- ERNIE [7A: He sings "Rubber Duckie, you're the one"] — Yeah, but there are better songs in the repertoire.
- HERE [6D: "____ we go again!"] — Not really a phrase you want associated with your puzzle.
- ACTS [1A: Congressional decrees] — "Book before Romans" unavailable for comment.
- CORAL [2D: Salmonesque color] — I find it confusing that CORAL as a color is separate from coral the organism, and that coral is not always CORAL.
Yeah, this puzzle's ok I guess.
Signed, Jonathan Gibson, Mr. Hooper of CrossWorld